The Horticultural Society
With origins before 1900, the Society has a proud history of encouraging horticulture within our three villages, originally with annual Flower Shows and more recently with events across the year:
- Talks, delivered by outside speakers are held in the darker months at the beginning of each year and recent subjects have included birds of prey, keeping chickens, the secret life of the mole, plus regular gardening tips and advice;
- A plant sale is held in May;
- Members only open garden events;
- The Flower Show in September is the highlight of the gardening calendar. An opportunity for members to exhibit the beautiful plants and vegetables they have nurtured over the year. There are also classes for crafts, cookery, photography and children; and
- The November AGM provides an opportunity for members to hear an official report from the Committee and a chance to air their views.
Event posters are published on this website’s events calendar and topical /seasonal updates are published on this page – please scroll down!
The Horticultural Society is affiliated to the Royal Horticultural Society and the Surrey Horticultural Federation. The Society is keen to promote the many advantages of gardening as widely as possible and is for everyone, regardless of age, experience or the size of garden.
If you would like to join our Horticultural Society please send us an email to ask for more details. Membership is £5 per person and members receive 10% discount on plants at Buckland Nurseries and Grow Smiles.
May 2022 Update
The Annual Plant Sale Saturday May 21st on Brockham Green. 10 am – 12 noon.
Last year the venue for the Plant Sale changed to Brockham Green. It proved most successful with our best takings to date. We had tremendous support from everyone with donations of plants and garden artefacts. Lots of interest from the general public and local dog walkers who stopped and bought plenty of plants. There were certainly some interesting and unusual plants on offer.
We are hoping to repeat that success again this year.
If you have managed to sew a few extra seeds, divided some of your larger plants, taken any cuttings or tidied your shed and found a few unwanted garden artefacts, we will be delighted, so please bring them along on the morning of the 21st.
Please join us on Saturday May 21st on Brockham Green.
Autumn Show 2022 – Saturday 17th September at Brockham Village Hall
Due to popular demand we will be holding our Autumn Show again in Brockham Village Hall. Further information to follow – for now please mark the date on your calendars.