Buckland Estate Fly Fishing
Our Fishing Club members have a choice of three lakes – Lawrence Lake (8 acres), Park Lake (50 acres) and Tapwood Lake (30 acres). Members are entitled to fish on any day between 1st April and 30th November after which the fishery closes until the following Spring.
At Lawrence Lake we have a club room where fish can be weighed, cleaned and recorded and this also has washing and toilet facilities. The other two lakes have fishing huts without plumbing. Toilet facilities exist elsewhere at Park Lake, where our new restaurant is due to open as soon as Covid related regulations permit. Three boats are available on Park Lake and two at Tapwood. Prior to the start of the season, we have an Annual Dinner for members in the Buckland Village Reading Room to which all members and their guests are invited. Owing to Covid the dinner will be held in the Autumn this year.
The subscription covers the 8 month season – and of course the Annual Dinner – and is payable at the start of the season in April. The membership fee is reviewed annually; the cost per member for the 2021 season is £582 inc. VAT and is payable by e-payment or cheque to Dungates Sporting Ltd.
Estate Contact Details
If you wish to join, please contact either Melanie Smallbone (01737 845170) or Gail Ashton (01737 844879) at Buckland Estate Office (Monday – Friday between 9am and 5pm) or send the team an email.
Dungates Sporting Ltd, Buckland Estate Office, Lawrence Lane, Buckland, Surrey. RH3 7BE
- Fishing will be during daylight hours, on Lawrence Lake, Park Lake and Tapwood Lake.
- Fly fishing only is allowed, either wet or dry. Spinning, bait and other methods are not allowed. No ground bait or feeding is permitted.
- Members may keep a maximum of four trout per day including one of over four pounds in weight. Brown, rainbow and blue trout are stocked.
- A fishing book is provided in each fishing hut and the club room. Members are required to enter details of the fish taken from the Lake before they depart on the day in question. (This action is necessary to ensure efficient management and maintenance of a high standard of fishing).
- Parking space is provided at all three lakes.
- Each member will receive a key to the Club Room and Fishing Huts and keys for the gates to each lake. Members are expressly asked not to copy these keys or let them out of their procession. Lost keys may be replaced by approaching the Owners` Representatives.
- Members are asked to see that the Fishing Room is left locked with lights and water off whenever they are the last to leave.
- The Owners especially request that no rubbish of any sort is deposited around the Lake or the Fishing Room.
- Members are respectfully asked to leave their dogs at home as their presence at the lakeside annoys other members.
- Each member may bring guests on any day but only one guest may fish at any one time in addition to the member inviting him. In any event the total number of fish killed by a member and his guest must remain within the limit set in 3 above.
- For reasons of security and to protect the interests of both the Owners and individual Members the Water Bailiff, Steve Smallbone, will make regular visits to the Lake and will introduce himself to Members, who are encouraged to advise him of anything untoward.
- Serious or repeated breach of the above rules may result in a Member being banned from fishing without return of subscription, if the Owners feel that such action is necessary to protect the interests of other Members.
- The Owners reserve the right to refuse membership in any individual case if they see fit.